Wednesday 7 May 2014

Happy Birthday, Sir



May7th
A large part of writers have a certain source of inspiration. While mine comes from Nature I feel my writing won’t be what it is if it was not for a particular person who I consider to be my teacher. It is fascinating how someone can influence someone else just through their words.
Every time I read his works, I feel my mind taking a turn and seeing everything in a novel perspective. He has the ability to take the ordinary and bring out the extraordinary in them. His was the only writing that has made me cry not because it is sad but because of just how beautiful it is.
India celebrates him. India worships his writings. India holds his words in the highest position.
I worship the man behind the words. The silent soul that weaved magic through a pen.  
Today is the 156th birth anniversary of Rabindranath Tagore, the man who changed the way I looked at everything.
In the words of W.B.Yeats , ‘(Tagore’s) lyrics…display in their thoughts a world I have dreamed of all my life long.’
Happy Birthday, Sir.

 http://healthythoughts.in/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/inspirational-quotes-Rabindranath-tagore-faith-bird-dawn-ray-hope.jpg

Note:Images do note belong to me

4 comments:

  1. I think it's great that you have someone who inspires you so much! I have yet to read much of his works, only having read one or two, but I think it's something that I must do pretty soon :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You should try reading his works! I'm positive you will like them. :)

      Delete
  2. I’m not familiar with his work, but thank you so much for introducing this writer to us.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't know this writer, for sure a teacher of wisdom!
    Baci,
    Coco
    Coco et La vie en rose / Bloglovin / Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Leaving a comment? You are awesome!
Or you could just say hi! You are still awesome!

#social-icons { margin-bottom:-30px; height:50px; width:100%; clear:both; z-index: 2; position: relative; } .social-media-icons { display:table } .social-media-icons ul { text-align:right; padding:5px 5px 0 0 list-style-image:none; list-style-position:outside; list-style-type:none; } .social-media-icons ul { margin-bottom:0; padding:0; float:right; } .social-media-icons li.media_icon { margin-left:6px; padding-left:0 !important; background:none !important; display:inline; float:left; } .social-media-icons li:hover { -moz-transform: rotate(360deg); -webkit-transform: rotate(360deg); -o-transform: rotate(360deg); transform: rotate(-360deg); -moz-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; }