Monday 15 April 2013

#15. Something I have

What power was that you wielded
command over my body and soul?
She told me you were not right,
told me you were manipulative.
What use was all her words
when I was already locked in your grasp?

Glitter glitter all you can
dazzling everyone you know.
Somewhere in my mind a voice
told me you would leave when I finally broke.
And break did I under your false gaze
as all the unwanted truth came to light
and disappear you did, never looking back.

But I had someone to hold me as I wept,
to rock, to tell me now I’m free.
Don’t you see the difference now?
You will never have what I have now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leaving a comment? You are awesome!
Or you could just say hi! You are still awesome!

#social-icons { margin-bottom:-30px; height:50px; width:100%; clear:both; z-index: 2; position: relative; } .social-media-icons { display:table } .social-media-icons ul { text-align:right; padding:5px 5px 0 0 list-style-image:none; list-style-position:outside; list-style-type:none; } .social-media-icons ul { margin-bottom:0; padding:0; float:right; } .social-media-icons li.media_icon { margin-left:6px; padding-left:0 !important; background:none !important; display:inline; float:left; } .social-media-icons li:hover { -moz-transform: rotate(360deg); -webkit-transform: rotate(360deg); -o-transform: rotate(360deg); transform: rotate(-360deg); -moz-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -webkit-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -o-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; -ms-transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; transition: all 0.5s ease-in-out; }