P.S. In 1992 it became the first graphic novel to win a Pulitzer Prize.
Middlesex is a story of a hermaphrodite named Callie and her transformation from Callie to Cal. This book is a journey spanning over three generations of the Stephanides (Greek) family and how the incestuous behavior of his ancestors plant the genetic variation in Cal’s seed. The novel is epic in its details. The amount of research gone into it is immense for each sentence reveals a fact of not only the protagonist but also the general world. The book is a whopping 529 pages but at the end you will ask for more.
Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
As a piece of fiction I immensely enjoyed it, the world of Japanese culture and the traditions of a Geisha were extremely fascinating. What I really loved about the book (I was hesitant to trust the depiction of the culture itself as it was written by an American)was the story of the Chiyo. The story of her struggles in the Geisha world, and how she rose to become one of the most famed persons in her trade. The writing is beautiful and lyrical and you are with Chiyo all the way, that is what made me love this book.
List of Books of 2016
2. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephanie Perkins
3. Atlantia by Ally Condie
4. Cinder by Marissa Meyer
5. Cursed Child by J K Rowling
6. Diary of a Young Girl by Anne Frank
7. Ender’s game by Orson Scott Card
8. Fairchild (Fairchild Book 1) by Jaima Fixsen
9. Goldfinch by Donna tart
10. Harry Potter and Goblet of Fire by J K Rowling.
11. Harry Potter and Order of Phoenix by J K Rowling.
12. Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad
13. I Am Malala: The Girl Who Stood Up for Education and Was Shot by the Taliban by Malala Yousafzai, Christina Lamb
14. If you could see me now by Cecelia Ahern
15. Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? (And Other Concerns) by Mindy Kaling
16. Isla and the Happily Ever After by Stephanie Perkins
17. Lola and the Boy Next Door by Stephanie Perkins
18. Lord of Flies by William Golding
19. Maus- A Survivor’s Tale by Art Spiegelman
20. Me Before You by Jojo Moyes
21. Memoirs of a Geisha by Arthur Golden
22. Middlesex by Jeffrey Eugenides
23. My Sister's Keeper by Jodi Picoult
24. Never Let Me Go by Kazuo Ishiguro
25. Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen
26. Palace of Illusions by Chitra Banerjee Divakaruni
27. Paper Towns by John Green
28. Rogue Lawyer by John Grisham
29. Siddhartha by Hesse Hermann
30. Sleepy Hallow by Washington Irving
31. Temple by Matthew Reilly
32. Ten Tiny Breaths by K A Tucker
33. The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Stieg Larsson
34. The List by Aneva Stout
35. The Mediator by Meg Cabot
36. The Sisterhood of the Travelling Pants by Ann Brashares
37. The Trial by Franz Kafka
38. Those Pricey Thakur Girls by Anuja Chauhan
39. Throne of Glass Book 1 and Book 2 by Sarah J. Maas
40. Unmasked, Anthology by PepperScript
What book did you discover in 2016?